Tuesday, March 27, 2007

OPEN DOOR POLICY

Once again I have to apologize for my silence. If anything can excuse me is the small amount of time I spend behind a computer. But I wanted to share with you a recent mishap on my part.
Sunday the 18th, after we finished the service we went home as we usually do with the young adults following us. I was almost home when I recieved a call from Victor the brother that was baptized last month. He had stayed at the buiolding with his wife to clean up, but did not have a key to lock it up when he was through. One of the elders, or Andy Garcia one of the deacons, or I always stay to close the building. This time none of us did. I told Victor I would go back and lock up a little later, and told him to pull the door shut. He had called brother Allan one of our elders and he told him the same thing. That evening at seven I remember the door had been unlocked all this time, but english service was at six and it was too late for me to go back and lock it.
That day we recieved a phone call from John. He left us a message, because somehow we missed his call. Yesterday I found his message on my phone and the message said "Hello, my name is John and I wanted to know more about the church. Please call me back." I called him back right then. We went to see him at night. He lives about 20 minutes north of the church building. During our conversation I asked him how he got our number. He told me: "Last Sunday the 18th I was driving by the Church building and I pulled in. The parking lot was empty just a limo was parked outside. I tried coming in the front door but it was locked, but then I went to the other side and found that the other door was open. I walked in all the way hoping to find someone inside, but noone was there. So I took one of your cards and called and you know the rest of the story.
It turns out John was looking for a spanish service. We are the first building of three other churches along the same road, but our building had the door open that day. He found the church, or was it God leading him to us. I want to bilieve that it was all part of His plan. He always has an open door policy, whoever comes to Him and draws near him He in turn daws nearer.
We love you and will tell you more about John. For now pray for Him and for us as we continue to ask for guiadance and be alert to what God is doing and meet Him right there.

No comments: