Tuesday, January 31, 2006

GOOD INTENTIONS

Last Thursday I had breakfast with Tony the person that sold us the ad we run in a local newspaper. I gave him directions to get to the place, but my directions were wrong. He could not find the place for half an hour until I realized I had given him the wrong directions. My intentions were good, because I wanted to get him where we were going to have breakfast, but the directions were wrong.
After breakfast we had an informal Bible study, and I told Tony that though our parents had good intentions of showing us the way to God, they were giving us the wrong directions. Jesus said that "He is the way, the Truth and the Life and noone comes to the Father but through Him."
He had to leave suddenly after he recieved a call, but that day we both learned something. It does not matter how good your intentions are, if you do not know the correct way, you will always be lost.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Amen to that!